God bless Queen Victoria


PAUSE AND STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. I have reached a momentous occasion in my life that I want to share with you. I have made the most attractive cake that I have ever and will ever make in my entire life (and quite possibly in the history of the world). Yep, just gonna leave this here for ya.

 Ingredients: 175g butter  /  175g caster sugar  /  3 fresh eggs  /  175g self-raising flour  /  250ml double cream  /  1tsp vanilla extract  /  1tbsp icing sugar and extra for sifting  /  400g strawberries  /  4tbsp strawberry jam (optional)

Method: Preheat the oven to 180°c and butter and line two sandwich tins. Beat together the butter and the sugar then add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Fold in flour one spoon at a time. Divide mixture between cake tins and bake for 20 minutes. 

While the cake is cookin' away, whip the cream until stiff and then mix in the icing sugar and vanilla. Cut your strawbs in half. When your cake is fully cooled, spread jam over one sponge and cover with the whipped cream. Seriously pile that shit on high and arrange half your strawbs in a fancy lil display on top. Pop the other sponge on top, cover with the remaining whipped cream and decorate with strawberries!






"I've never tasted a sponge so light." - The crumbs on my Dad's chin, 2016. 

Once more, my lovely father laughed in the face of seconds and carried straight onto fifths. Have you ever tried making Victoria sponge? If not, what's your cake of choice!? 

Keep up to date by following me on Bloglovin'.  

No comments