Venice ¦ Part 2


Did you know that you can sweat through your knees? Neither did I. Venice in July taught me that apparently every single cell of your body has the capacity to sweat. Profusely. Unless watered down with prosecco and gelato every 5 minutes. #truetraveladvice #tta
Anyway, in order to avoid any typical-couple-holiday arguments disagreements, me and Mikey didn't whip a map out entire time we were away. So if anyone tried to ask me for advice about locations or sightseeing routes, I'd tell them to get lost. No, really - get actually lost. If there's one thing I can say about Venice, it's that getting lost is suddenly a lot funner than it was in the supermarket when you were 5. The whole place looks like a damn postcard. Mikey even said at one point that you could take a nice picture of Venice with a potato. Aha.

Having lived in Paris last year, I feel I 'm pretty well equipped to inform anyone that yes, Paris is mostly as beautiful as it looks on Pinterest but there's also a whole load of dodgy alleyways, questionable restaurants, and shifty lookin' people lurking about. Saint-Denis for example is not somewhere you'd want to find yourself at 1 am if you don't have  a black belt in karate and your rape alarm has run out of batteries. Venice, on other other hand, is every single bit as beautiful as you think it will be. And I'd hasten to add that possibly it's more so. 

These pictures were taken on our first walk around the Saint Marco area. Please note I wandered around open mouthed and snapping away at everything during this first walk, so I've tried to spare you the photo-per-second low down and fine picked me fave pix from the afternoon. You'd thank me if you could see how little storage I now have on my laptop. 













^ This is the view from our hotel room. We thought it was a really cute, authentic, local Italian restaurant until we wandered down on our last night to get a carbonara takeaway and realised it was a Chinese. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 
-----------------------
Have you ever been to Venice? Link me to your posts if you have or link me to other blogger's posts if you know of any. Would really like to see what other people got up to there and vicariously relive it through others. 

Chat with me on Twitter and keep up to date with daily pics on Instagram. 

I'm also on Bloglovin. 






No comments