Paris II ¦ 2011


On the last day in Paris we went to Montmartre. One of my favourite places in the whole of France. It's an absolutely beautiful little town that looks out onto the whole of France. Not only that, but it's got a little square in the middle of it completely dedicated to artists drawing portraits of tourists. We sat in a café and drank probably our millionth cup of café crème that weekend. 


 



After spending a few days in Paris, it feels strange being back home with everything so familiar and predictable. Although I usually love getting home after a holiday and sleeping in my own bed, there's something I really miss about being lost abroad. Sleeping in a foreign bed on the 7th floor in a city that never seems to sleep was amazing. Nothing to worry about, nothing to have to do. Absolutely nothing.
I think I've got some massive detachment issues with Paris already.

No comments